Saturday, April 23, 2011

Would you re-do the I DO ???

Marrige-"The social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc."

Is marriage a phase? After all, over sixty percent of them in the United States alone end in divorce? I think not.

Recently at work I heard my co-workers, both who had been married before, and are NOW in serious long term relationships, stating that they "would never make that mistake agian" or "I wouldnt set myself up for that agian..."

Isn't what we are "bred" to do is find the ONE, we are to be with, fall in love, get married, have babies, live happily ever after.... right? Obviously in real life the whole "happily ever after" thing dosnt really exist so easily.
But what relationship is without its troubles and fights. Wither it be a friendship or romantic relationship. Unfourtionatly, YES divorce does happen. Break ups happen. Friends are lost. So does that mean give up?
A wedding band is a endles circle. Forever and Always. Some times no, it dose not work out.

Maybe I have a unique view on the whole starting over aspect of a marrige. My mother AND father have both been married and divorced, before they were together. They both brought a child into the relationship......recently they celebrated 25 years married.
What a story right? Forever after DOES happen, It is just sometimes not the way we imagine it to be.
No matter how bad Aaron and I may fight, the good ALWAYS out weighs the bad. And sometimes we just need to rember that. It may not be forever with the person you thought it would be. But to completely give up home seems insaine to me. The want to be with the person to complete me would be to strong. Obviously God completes me, and all my needs. Lets just say I mean on a human level.
If my parents had given up on being in another "trap" I may not have my Brother and Sister. I cant imagine a life like that.
So my dear friends and readers(if you are out there) sometimes, just sometimes. Take a step back, and look at the beautiful things you have with someone. And remember, the good times, and that it outweighs the bad.

SOME OF MY HAPPY MEMORIES

(MY TRIP TO NEW YORK, AND THE DOG TAG HE MADE ME)





















(HOLDING MY NEWEST NIECE EVELYN, THE FIRST INFANT HE EVER HELD, HE WAS SO NERVOUS...PERFECT)







(WHEN YOU DATE A CARPENTER THE "I LOVE YOU" THAT YOU GET CAN BE WIERD :-D
























So I am curious....would you re-do the I Do????

No comments: