Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The fruits of labor

My house I just bought was built in 1946. Its sitting on a acer and a half of land. It is my FAV style of house its cape. when I bought it, it was set up as 1 full bath 4 bedrooms, kitchen dinning room and living room. Also a mudroom built onto the back already.

When I am done with renovating it, Itll be 3 bedrooms (one used as a office) and the rest is the same. Now, i love my house. But it is stressful and sometimes I wish I wouldnt have taken on such a challenge. having a home since october I cant live in is a little frustrating at times. But yesterday and today a huge step was made

(the office right after I bought it)

The walls are all painted and the desk is put in. Floors are perfect and I am so happy. Lemme give you an Idea of what was taken to get the office into a finished position.
The celing had acostic tiles. Once you took down the tile, there were strips of wood hammered to the plaster celing that the tiles work fixed to. Once the strips were taken down the LARGE holes left had to be mudded, then waiting to dry then mud and dry and sand on last time. Being that the entire room is done in plaster LOTS of seems and holes needed to be done.(mudded and sand......so repetative). Then It got painted. and Painted......and Painted. not only do I have 3 diffrent colors in the room almost every color took 3 coats. The floors are original wood, BEAUTIFUL just a lil sand to get up old paint and a clear coat and TA-DA perfection.
Now You know how going green is where its at right? Well So much at this house has been taken down and tore out and ect. But I save EVERYTHING. and in the orginal bath room the shower has 2 glass sliding shower doors that are now the tops to my desk. with 3 file cabnets verious pieces of wood stained and painted I now have a totaly orginal and one of a kind GREEN desk

No comments: